Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is covered under an alternative personnel system known as the DoD Acquisition Workforce Demonstration Project. The Demonstration Project replaces GS grade levels with occupational families and pay bands. The salary range of the position being filled will not be decreased with the change to pay bands. This position incorporates former GS-12 step 1 through GS-13 step 10 grade levels and salary levels. Pay increases within the pay band will be accomplished through the Contribution-Based Compensation and Appraisal System.
About the Position:
Fort Eustis, Virginia is located in Newport News, between historic Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. Local Transportation via the Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) bus service to the surrounding area which includes Hampton, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach. There are convenient interstate and major highways connecting the city to the neighboring cities above plus York County, Gloucester, Suffolk, and Smithfield. The Hampton Roads/Tidewater area has all the conveniences of a big city with charm of small town and rural areas.
This position is part of Career Program 14
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Responsible for review and signing of a multitude of contracting/agreement documents prepared by other specialists.
- Acquisition planning with customer and documentation preparation on various requirements.
- Remain abreast of policies and procedures and changes thereto to properly inform/mentor others.
- Facilitate and lead negotiations when necessary on more complex acquisitions.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel of 10 percent may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Department of the Army Civilian Employees, DoD Transfer (Excluding Army), Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998, Former Federal Employees, Status Candidates, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now