Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
You will serve as Contract Specialist for the Contracting Command, 411st Contracting Support Brigade, and responsible for performing pre award functions for procurements involving complex contracts of highly specialized, extensive, new or innovative equipment systems, research, facilities construction and services of significant importance to the agency.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
You will serve as a Contract Specialist responsible for performing the following duties:
- Performing preaward procurement functions that are not well defined or well precedented.
- Administering contracts that are neither well-defined nor well-precedented.
- Analyzing, evaluating, and reviewing procurements.
- Planing and conducting functional technical activities for projects/programs.
- Assigning Contracting and procurement specializations, and applicable contract types.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now