Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located in Kaiserslautern, Germany. Kaiserslautern has developed into the largest US military community outside the United States. The city of Kaiserslautern is nestled in the small hills west of the Rhine River Valley, on the edge of the famous German Pfalz forest. Although the climate is changeable much of the time, the area does enjoy many pleasant days with reasonable temperatures. The winter is short and mild with some snowfall. The summer is generally warm and comfortable, with few hot days. Kaiserslautern has over 100,000 residents and an additional 50,000 personnel associated with the American Armed Forces. For additional information please visit http://www.kaiserslautern.army.mil/
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Performs under the general supervision of the Deputy Director , who provides policy and program guidance, and is available to provide direction on controversial situations.
- Serves as Division Chief, applying extensive experience and thorough knowledge of acquisition methods, programs, and regulations (e.g., Federal Acquisition Regulation and Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation) to negotiate, award and administer a wide variety of supply, construction and service requirements.
- Acquisitions include equipment and vehicle leasing, repair and maintenance of buildings, roads, grounds, utilities, total base maintenance and other complex services, transportation, lease of relocatable buildings, drayage, packing and crating, machinery and equipment repairs, and the acquisition of a wide variety of supplies (e.g., chemical, medical, electrical, electronic, mechanical, morale and welfare items, sporting goods and equipment, etc.).
- Contracts may include provisions for multiple award options, compliance with German legal requirements, Government furnished property, unusual security requirements, technical provisions for treatment, removal, and disposal of toxic and hazardous waste or contaminated soils, and provisions of similar complexity.
- The value of contracts range from one hundred-dollars to millions of dollars, and include acquisition of copy paper by small purchase procedures to complex services requiring extensive negotiations with multiple bidders.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 5% travel for business or training purposes.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status candidates, Military Spouses, 30%, VEOA
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now