Transcripts from an accredited institution are required (see required documents)
About the Position:
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Recent Graduates Program. Click herefor more information on Pathways program participation. After Program completion, Department of the Army Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent position or to a term position (a project-based term of employment lasting between one and four years).
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Recent Graduates must:
- Successfully completed at least 1-year of continuous service in addition to all requirements of the Program.
- EXCEPTION: Positions in the Instructional Systems (GS-1750) series, Operations Research (GS-1515) series, Accounting and Budget (GS-05XX) series, and all occupations covered by the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) require a 24-month appointment period in order to complete the training and/or certification requirements specific to each occupation prior to conversion.
- Demonstrate successful job performance.
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualifications for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
To learn more, please visit the Office of Personnel Management webpage, Hiring Authorities: Students & Recent Graduates.
Who May Apply:
Positions are open to:
- Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Students may apply within nine months of meeting their education requirements.
- Preference eligible veterans who were precluded from applying due to their military service obligation begin their two-year eligibility period upon release or discharge from active duty. Eligibility for these veterans cannot exceed six years after degree or certificate completion.
At the full performance level of the target conversion position (GS-12): You will be performing the full range of pre and post award functions using sealed bidding, negotiated, or simplified procedures. Administer contracts for a variety of supply, maintenance and transportation services is support of the installation operations. Will ensure appropriate funding and required waivers, certifications, justifications, approvals and compliances have been obtained for purchase requests using sealed bidding, negotiated or simplified procedures. Upon completion of progression, will be responsible for the negotiation, award, cost analysis, and administration functions for commercial activities/installation-wide contracts or complex/master contracts for supplies, services, equipment, and construction. You will serve as Contracting Specialist for the Regional Contracting Office, Hawaii (RCO-HI), responsible for the negotiation, award, cost analysis, and administration functions for commercial activities/installation-wide contracts OR complex/master contracts for supplies, services, equipment, and construction, may include those resulting from OMB A76 and privatization studies. Incumbent provides advice, assistance, and technical direction to representative of other activities ensuring that the development of contractual and legally sufficient statements of work, surveillance plans, etc, is completed.
After program completion, Department of the Army Pathways Recent Graduates MAY be converted to a permanent or term appointment without further competition.
This position is being filled at the GS-05, -07, -09 and/or -11 level with potential conversion to a position with a full performance level at GS-12.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel maybe required up to 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Recent Graduates
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now