Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located in Kaiserslautern, Germany. Kaiserslautern has developed into the largest US military community outside the United States. The city of Kaiserslautern is nestled in the small hills west of the Rhine River Valley, on the edge of the famous German Pfalz forest. Although the climate is changeable much of the time, the area does enjoy many pleasant days with reasonable temperatures. The winter is short and mild with some snowfall. The summer is generally warm and comfortable, with few hot days. Kaiserslautern has over 100,000 residents and an additional 50,000 personnel associated with the American Armed Forces. For additional information please visit http://www.kaiserslautern.army.mil/
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Serves as a Contract Specialist responsible for the full range of contract functions encompassing issuing solicitations, evaluating proposals, contract negotiations, execution and administration for commodities, equipment, routine services, complex and technical services, construction contracts, and/or federal information processing (FIP) resources (computer services, hardware, software, etc.), and special assigned programs.
- The incumbent may be required to hold a contracting officer's warrant and fulfill the full range of responsibilities that accompany contracting officer duties.
- Performs all pre-award contracting functions that include but are not limited to fixed price, cost-reimbursement, or a combination of simplified and complex contract methods and types.
- Supports the development of procurement packages which includes obtaining and/or developing determination and findings, memorandums, justification for other-than-full and open competition, scopes of work, independent government cost estimates, reporting requirements, security requirements checklists, technical data packages, evaluation criteria, method of solicitation and any other required documents.
- Performs all post award contracting functions in the administration of contracts, including performance of termination actions, until final delivery and payments are completed and the contract is closed and retired.
- Requests determination of overhead rates from auditor for cost contracts and assures delivery, inspection, and acceptance of the contractual end items before recommending final closeout of the contract.
- Establishes a fair and reasonable negotiation position based on knowledge of the contractor's operations and the reports of the technical specialist and establishes fee or profit to be allowed based on guidelines established in the basic agreement or contract and by regulation.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional overnight travel for training or business purposes is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles, Veterans, Current Federal Employees, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now