Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Located in the scenic Hudson River valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. The undergraduates, known as cadets, are commissioned as officers in the US Army upon graduation. You can watch them on parade or competing as intercollegiate athletes in a wide range of sports events. As a military installation, West Point is a small, self-contained city with housing for the military stationed here in support of the Academy, a Department of Public Works to maintain the roads, grounds and facilities, two libraries (Academic and Community), a military hospital, fire department, chapels, restaurants. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premiere performing arts center, and to recreational facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to prior employment with specific agencies
- Eligible for Persons with Disabilities
You will serve as Chief of Contracting Support and Business operations responsible for the implementation of acquisition planning, business operational systems, data management, information flow and strategic communications with external agencies. Provide procurement management decision support on program objectives, budgetary constraints, and procurement policy interpretation. You will supervise, mentor, and develop a multi-functional staff of military and civilian employees.
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is up to 15% for performance of duties and training
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now