Supervisory Procurement Analyst
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located in Sembach, Germany. Sembach is part of the Kaiserslautern Military Community (the KMC). The KMC, 80 miles southwest of Frankfurt, Germany is located in the German federal state of Rheinland-Pfalz which borders on Belgium, France, and Luxembourg. The Kaiserslautern Military Community, a combined branch (Army-Air Force-Navy) community, is the largest overseas U.S. military community with some 55,000 Military members, dependents and DOD Civilians. Sembach is located in rolling farm country eight miles north of Kaiserslautern, just off the A6 / A63 Autobahns. Nearby are the vineyards of the Moselle and Rhine Valleys. Sembach is centrally located; shopping, entertainment and recreation are readily available in nearby Kaiserslautern. Frankfurt International Airport is approximately 60 miles from Sembach. The weather is variable with cold, wet winters and hot, dry summers as it is in many countries in Europe. For additional information please visit http://www.rp.army.mil
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Supervises a staff responsible for ensuring that all 409th CSB/PARC procurements are executed through reviews of unique, controversial, sensitive and complex cost contracts.
- Determines actions to be taken on specific solicitations and contract actions involving approvals of awards, disposition of protests, correction of mistakes, disputes, defaults, terminations, reasonableness of price, labor violations, matters relating to the equal opportunity program, failures to comply with contract regulatory requirements, requests for relief under PL 85-804, unauthorized commitments, and congressional inquiries.
- Plans and executes a systematic and comprehensive contract management review (CMR) program that assesses each of 409th CSB/PARC's contracting offices for statutory compliance, inherent risk, and level of business judgment, and assures proper level of internal control procedures are in place.
- Establishes or approves procedures to be used for the conduct of the review, prescribes standards expected of each office, and identifies how measurement of the effectiveness of contract awards and contract administration in 409th CSB/PARC.
- Interfaces with other Installation staff personnel to identify contracting issues, resolve problems and assess the adequacy of the contracting activity's customer support.
- Shares innovative concepts and training with installation contracting staffs and gathers lessons learned, and success stories for use by other contracting activities and DA staff.
- Conducts staff and liaison visits to higher, lateral, and subordinate organizations in conjunction with development of complex contracts and resolution of significant contract problems.
- Advises installation commanders and key installation officials regarding contracting policy, source selection and contract administration organization and procedures.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional overnight travel, up to 10%, for training or business purposes is required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles; Federal Employees, VEOA, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now