Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Fort Lee, Home of Logistic Warriors, is a US Army installation located near the Tri-Cities of Petersburg, Colonial Heights, and Hopewell, VA. Fort Lee is south of Richmond, the Capital of Virginia. There are a number of important missions accomplished by the activities located here. The missions accomplished at Fort Lee include combat and training development and the professional development of military personnel through various training programs. The civilian employees serve a vital role indirect support of the US Army mission that is crucial to supporting military operations. Fort Lee offers a broad range of civilian employment opportunities for people.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Management may select at any of the grade levels announced. This position has non-competitive promotion potential to the full performance level at GS-11.
Duties at the full performance level GS-11
- Perform all pre-award contracting functions which require the use of fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, or a combination of contract methods.
- Determine method of procurement, milestones, acquisition plan and type of contract.
- Request or performs price/cost analysis.
- Perform detailed analysis of bids/proposals received, insuring strict compliance with specifications on advertised procurements, and recommending award to lowest responsible, responsive bidder.
- Compiles the contract package for execution by the Contracting Officer.
- Conducts extensive negotiations during all phases of the procurement process.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel up to 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, Military Spouses, ICTAP
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now