Governance Portfolio Management Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Responsible for coordinating and working with various Integrated Product Teams, Management Oversight meetings and Configuration Management Boards as needed to support and guide the various functional communities throughout ACC, DASA-P, AMC and DA through the applicable Portfolio Management and Governance processes.
Huntsville is a high-tech city nestled between the edge of the Appalachian Mountains in North Alabama and the Tennessee Rivers. Huntsville is just 100 miles north of Birmingham and 100 miles south of Nashville, TN and is one of the most recognized cities in the Southeast - consistently named as one of the best places to live and work by a variety of national publications.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Develop and execute concepts, broad program plans, and programming objectives; establish priorities and requirements and provide guidance and direction consistent with objectives.
- Develop and maintain alignment of strategy, plans, and systems with the mission goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
- Integrate and coordinate schedules, priorities, and suspense for regular and special assignments for government and contract support staff.
- Review and analyze records, reports, and studies of production/staff utilization in order to evaluate work progress, efficiency, and effectiveness, and determine, develop, and implement corrective action.
- Maintain investment information and work actions related to data reporting and system certification in connection with the Army Portfolio Management System (APMS).
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) is up to 10% if the time
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees,Military Spouses, ICTAP, VEOA
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now