Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Fort Drum, the home of the 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), is located in Northern New York's picturesque North Country, one of the most historically unique and geographically beautiful areas of the United States, offering bountiful outdoor recreational opportunities from hunting and fishing to winter sports of all types. Fort Drum is approximately 30 miles from Canada, with the Great Lakes to the west, the Adirondack Mountains to the east, and the St. Lawrence River and Thousand Islands in between.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
This position is located in the Mission and Installation Contracting Command, Fort Drum, NY. In this position your will:
- Directly support the organization's efforts to manage contract operations.
- Analyze various procurement management documents and reports.
- Monitor various automated contract information management systems by entering, searching for, editing, and extracting data and information.
- Compile and distribute reports on program metrics, goals, and contracting performance criteria to supervisor and management officials for review and comment.
- Verify information contained in contract documents and reports.
- Contact contracting officers, contract specialists, and data base system administrators to obtain current status on various procurement action requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel away from the normal duty station 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, Merit Promotion, Status Candidates, ICTAP, Priority Placement Program Registrant, VRA, VEOA, 30% Disabled Veterans, Schedule A, Individuals with Disabilities, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now