Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: The incumbent serves as Chief of Contracting Support and Business Operations, and leads strategic external coordination efforts for Mission Installation Contracting Command (MICC) Fort Sill OK.
Other Advantages: Nestled in the historic American Southwest, the Ft Sill area boasts numerous attractions, expanding/affordable housing, quality school districts and ready access to shopping/dining. Lawton/Ft Sill is surrounded by a national treasure, the Wichita Wildlife Refuge. There are thousands of acres for hiking and open ranges for buffalo, elk, longhorn and other wildlife. For those desiring a big city atmosphere, Oklahoma City is only 70 minutes from Ft Sill and Dallas/Fort Worth is only 3 hours away.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Responsible for the implementation of acquisition planning, business operational systems, data management, information flow and strategic communications with external agencies.
- Provides Fort Sill and its tenant units, organizations, and activities with disciplined and responsive contracting solutions and oversight.
- Provides procurement management decision support to the Commander/Director on program objectives, budgetary constraints, and procurement policy interpretation.
- Serves as Chief of Contracting Support and Business Operations, and leads strategic external coordination efforts for MICC.
- Supervises, mentors, and develops a multi-functional staff of military and civilian employees.
- Review work and provide technical advice and guidance as required, set priorities, and prepare schedules.
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel time is approximately 15%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now