Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located within the Army Contracting Command located at the Watervliet Arsenal, Watervliet, New York. The Watervliet Arsenal is an Army-owned and-operated manufacturing center located in New York. It is the oldest, continuously active arsenal in the United States having begun operations in 1813. Today it is relied upon by U.S. and foreign militaries to produce the most advanced, high-powered weaponry for cannon, howitzer, and mortar systems. The Arsenal is the only location in the DoD that has a weapons research facility (Benét Laboratories) collocated with a manufacturing facility (Arsenal).
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible for Persons with Disabilities
As a trainee Contract Specialist, receive training for performing one or any combination of assignments in connection with purchasing supplies, services, equipment, and issuing construction contracts by formally advertised bid and negotiated procurement procedures. Receive formal and on-the-job training, as required to provide knowledge and experience necessary to independently perform all phases of contract administration. Perform a variety of duties designed to provide experience and knowledge in all phases of award, administration and termination of contracts.
- Occasional Travel
- May be required up to 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now