Supervisory Attorney-adviser (general)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serves as the Deputy Chief Counsel and Senior Contracts Attorney for the Command Group independently manages daily functions of and supervises personnel within the Legal Office; allocates personnel and other resources to provide legal services necessary to support the command's operations in all legal disciplines.
A relocation incentive up to 25% may be authorized. A service agreement is required.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
- Direct and coordinate the mission and objectives of the office on matters of legal policy, exceptionally complex and unprecedented legal issues and cases and on matters of special interest to the Commander and higher authority.
- Provide legal interpretations and opinions that require the highest degree of originality and creative legal thinking to obtain the necessary balance between conflicting interests, factual issues and policy considerations.
- Provide oral and written advice concerning post-award contract matters including claims, disputes, bankruptcies, terminations, appeals, Public Law 85-804 actions and litigation.
- Exercise independent discretion and judgment in the preparation of necessary legal documents and the development of conclusions and recommendations with respect to disputes and other matters, to include the applicability of Alternative Dispute Resolution techniques.
- Assist in information gathering, and, advising Department of Justice/investigators on matters of government procurement law, to include drafting pleadings, formulating damage assessments, and coordinating the preparation of debarment or suspension actions.
- Responsible for the execution of administrative and personnel management functions related to the accomplishment of the assigned mission within the legal office.
- Occasional Travel
- Temporary duty travel (TDY) of 10% away from the duty station.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…United States Citizens
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now