Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Army Contracting Command-Redstone, Letterkenny Army Depot, Contracting Office, Chambersburg, PA.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
VETERANS EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ACT (VEOA) AND PRIORITY PLACEMENT PROGRAM, PROGRAM S (MILITARY SPOUSE - MSP) ELIGIBLES MUST MEET THE QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION AND OBTAIN A PASSING SCORE ON THE APPROPRIATE ADMINISTRATIVE CAREER WITH AMERICA (ACWA) ASSESSMENT. IF YOU ARE VEOA OR MSP ELIGIBLE AND ARE DETERMINED QUALIFIED, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF HOW TO TAKE THE ACWA ASSESSMENT. ONCE NOTIFIED YOU WILL HAVE 48 HOURS TO RESPOND TO THE ACWA ASSESSMENT; OTHERWISE, YOU WILL BE RATED INELIGIBLE FOR FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE TOTAL APPLICATION PROCESS IN A TIMELY MANNER.
- Responsible for pre-award and post-award functions for a variety of service, equipment and supply contracts
- Provide guidance to technical personnel involved in the development of the requirements
- Prepare award documents and make recommendations to the Contracting Officer
- Monitor contractor performance and negotiate settlements
- Negotiate sole source contracts and modifications
- Respond to inquiries, including formal protests and congressional inquiries
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required up to 10% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now