Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Supervisory Contract Specialist for the Soto Cano Office in Comayagua, Honduras. The Branch Contracting Office in Honduras is a subordinate command to Expeditionary Contracting Command located at Joint Base Fort Sam Houston, Texas. The United States Army Expeditionary Contracting Command (ECC), part of the Army's Contracting Command, plans and executes effective and agile contracting support for U.S. Army Service Component Commanders (ARSOUTH) in support of Army and Joint Operations. You will provide effective and responsive contracting support for OCONUS installation operations. The 410th Contracting Support Brigade interfaces with the Two Star Command and Staff to integrate the Expeditionary Contracting Command (ECC) support into ARSOUTH and SOUTHCOM mission planning processes, serving as subject matter expert to advise SOUTHCOM staffs on how to articulate their requirements and acquisition planning documents and providing ARSOUTH and SOUTHCOM command structures direct liaison with the Army Contracting Command structure.
This is a Re-Announcement. Applicants that applied against NCFR171543020645 must re-apply under this vacancy announcement to be considered for this position.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- You will serve as a contracting officer and as a team leader, negotiator and project coordinator responsible for the pre-award and post-award contracting functions involving contracts for high dollar value, and multi-function base operation services, special technical services, and automatic data processing products and services.
- As a contracting officer, you are responsible for pre-award and post-award functions involving highly specialized procurements of significance and sensitivity in support of the national defense.
- This is an UN-ACCOMPANIED TOUR. Incumbent will reside on Soto Cano Air base in quarters that will be provided.
- On this overseas unaccompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- A Relocation Incentive MAY be authorized for this position.
- This position is considered to be an Emergency Essential Position.
25% or less - 25% business travel is required. Some travel may be OCONUS.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, Veterans, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now