About the Position:
You will serve as a Contract Specialist responsible for pre-award and post-award functions for services, supplies, and construction in support of the installation and activities in Fort Carson's geographical area of responsibility.
The full performance of this position is GS-11. If hired at the GS-09 level, you will serve on a developmental assignment, performing duties of increasing responsibility and difficulty to prepare for the full performance level of the position. Once qualification and time in grade requirements are met, you may be noncompetitively promoted to the full performance level (GS-11) at the discretion of the supervisor.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible as a Re-employed Annuitant
- Perform pre-award and post-award functions including solicitations, negotiations, awards, and administration.
- Review requests for acquisitions of supplies, services, and/or construction, analyzing requirements, recommending revisions, developing solicitations, and determining type of contract.
- Perform price analysis to plan and conduct negotiations on price, requirements, and terms and conditions of contracts.
- Conduct post-award conferences to provide information, negotiate prices and supplemental agreements, and perform the full range of contract administration duties.
- Monitor contractor performance and progress, terminating contracts in whole or in part as circumstances require.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Military Spouses, Former Overseas Employees
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now