Supervisory Budget Analyst
About the Position: Serve as the Chief, Budget Execution Branch and Army Contracting Command - Redstone (ACC-RSA) Budget Officer.
The city of Huntsville is nestled between the edge of the Appalachian Mountains in north Alabama and the Tennessee River. The Huntsville area has one of the largest research parks in the U.S. It is also home to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, championship golf courses, museums, professional theater, symphony, and sport franchises.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position.
- Manage budget requirements by allocating, monitoring, and analyzing budgets in compliance with statutory/regulatory guidance.
- Conduct financial, economic and/or accounting analysis in order to make decisions, or provide information to decision-makers, to better utilize resources and improve mission effectiveness.
- Manage budget requirements by forecasting, developing, and justifying budgets in compliance with statutory/regulatory guidance.
- Use required financial systems to conduct budgeting and funds execution functions in accordance with Financial Improvement/Audit Readiness guidance and regulations.
- Apply the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE), fiscal law, policies, regulations, principles, standards and procedures to financial management activities.
- Analyze, evaluate, and review budget and program issues, and financial data and reports using business tools and applications, cost and economic analysis, and performance metrics to provide recommendations.
- Utilize integrated federal financial management systems and sub-systems to extract data, identify and resolve systems problems, and maintain data integrity.
- Lead and perform the full range of supervisory duties for a professional team consisting of accountants, financial analysts, and program analysts.
Occasional travel - Travel away from home station might be required 10% of the time
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, ICTAP, VEOA, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now