About the Position:
Located in central New Jersey, Burlington County, Fort Dix is 72 miles southwest of New York City, 34 miles northeast of Philadelphia, and is included in the New York locality pay area. Close to the Jersey shore, Fort Dix is also within short driving distance of a wide variety of leisure activities, cultural centers, museums, historical locations, fishing, hunting, boating, skiing, snow boarding, hiking locations, etc.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist, some of your major duties will be to:
- Serve as a warranted Contracting Officer within delegated authority for pre-award and post-award contracting requirements for various contract types containing extensive special provisions.
- Serve as a senior contracting advisor to program managers and program executive officers and guides journeymen-level contract specialist.
- Serve as lead negotiator during multi-disciplined government contract negotiations.
- Guide the full range of contract management actions required for the execution of assigned acquisition programs.
Occasional travel - Business travel up to 20 percent
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now