Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The incumbent serves as Director of the Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC) Fort Gordon, an organization that supports numerous major Army installations across CONUS.
Adjacent to Augusta, GA, Fort Gordon is the Home of the U.S. Army Cyber Center of Excellence. Additional information about the Post is available at the Fort Gordon web site: http://www.gordon.army.mil.
Augusta, GA is famous throughout the world for its major attraction, The Masters Golf Tournament. Augusta has a moderate year-round climate and is located a few hours from Atlanta and Savannah, GA, and Columbia and Charleston, SC. Ft Gordon's location offers close proximity to metropolitan areas and is an easy drive to the beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains. Additional information about Augusta can be found at http://www.augustaga.org.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
- Participates in or conducts conferences, staff studies, etc. pertaining to overall management and programming, mid and long term planning for acquisition activities.
- Determines actions to be taken on specific solicitations and contracts actions involving approvals of awards, disposition of protests, correction of mistakes, disputes, defaults, terminations, reasonableness of price, wage determinations, labor violations, matters relating to the equal opportunity program, failures to comply with contract regulatory requirements, requests for relief under PL 85- 804, informal commitments, and congressional inquiries.
- Evaluates overall performance of subordinate/leaders.
- Implements Commercial Activities (CA) contracting guidance from higher headquarters and develops and implements MICC-Fort Gordon contracting guidance for the CA program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Military Spouses, Former Overseas Employees
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now