Human Resources Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at Army Contracting Command - Rock Island (ACC-RI).
The U.S. Army Contracting Command was established on March 14, 2008. The mission of the Army Contracting Command is to oversee more than $85 billion in contracts annually and focus on maintaining and improving the Army's ability to respond globally in support of the warfighter's needs.
The Rock Island Arsenal is a major Army installation located in the heartland of America on an historic island in the Mississippi River between Iowa and Illinois. The area is known as the Quad Cities-Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa and Moline/East Moline and Rock Island in Illinois. We are approximately 160 miles west of Chicago and 180 miles east of Des Moines, Iowa.
This position provides full benefits, vacation and sick leave, and a flex-time work schedule. Army employees at the RIA enjoy other privileges such as use of the fitness center, golf driving range, outdoor recreation rentals, storage units, child and youth care center, Arsenal food Court, Arsenal Club/catering, employee assistance program, recycle program, RIA Museum, thrift shop, discounted tickets for some community events, National Historical Landmark, Memorial Park/Pavilion rentals.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resource Specialist you will be responsible for the following:
- Updates data in the automated personnel systems when required and updates data in the automated personnel systems when required.
- Performs staff-level duties pertaining to performance standards, performance and other types of awards in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance, laws, and polices.
- Provides administrative advice and assistance to the Command Group, directors, division chiefs, and branch/section supervisors in planning and accomplishing requests for personnel action (RPAs).
- Plans, develops, and provides administrative personnel management assistance to the organization in coordination with the Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC).
- Provides guidance and recommendations to managers regarding performance appraisals.
- Provides advice and assistance to supervisors/managers on specific requests related to immediate HR problems relating to the command's Contracting and Personnel Systems.
Occasional travel - Occassional Business Travel up to 10%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now