Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serves as a Contract Specialist for the Army Contracting Command, located at Redstone Arsenal, AL. Redstone Arsenal is located adjacent to Huntsville, AL. The area provides access to great fishing, boating, the arts, golfing, restaurants, churches, shopping, parks, Botanical clubs, etc. Additionally, the Redstone Arsenal Base is within easy traveling distance to many cities such as Nashville, TN; Atlanta, GA; Birmingham and Mobile, AL and Florida beaches.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Serves as Negotiation Leader and spokesman for the government during complex contract negotiations that commit a sizeable portion of the command's resources, coordinates with high level management and arranges for their participation in negotiation conferences.
- Prepares designated price and cost analysis in accordance with current command regulations and policy.
- Conducts meetings with representatives of contract administration agencies and contractors to receive and exchange information.
- Coordinates and compiles periodic and special reports, narratives, studies, briefings, and other presentations used in analysis of contract performance and surveillance.
- Verifies the contractor's rates through either the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA).
- Serves as contract representative to requiring activities (project and commodity offices, functional directorates), and the agencies administering contracts for the initial and follow-on production of highly complex weapon systems equipment, research and development, and major non-systems.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) is up to 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, ICTAP, Military Spouses, Former Federal Employees, VEOA
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now