Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serves as Contract Specialist at the Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC) at Fort Eustis, VA. Fort Eustis is located in Newport News, VA, between historic Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. Transportation includes convenient interstate and major highways connecting the city to neighboring Hampton, York County, Gloucester, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Smithfield. The Tidewater area has all the conveniences of a big city with charm of small town and rural areas.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
- Performs all pre award contracting functions which require the use of fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, or a combination of contract methods and types to procure large, highly complex/high dollar equipment systems, programs or services where little or no contractual precedent exists.
- Performs post award functions to include monitoring contractor performance, negotiating delivery orders, extensions of delivery schedules, price adjustments, modifications on the contract and similar agreements and contract closeout.
- Determines method of procurement, milestones, acquisition plan, source selection plan, and type of contract.
- Requests or performs price/cost analysis. Utilizes a variety of price/cost analysis techniques involving a wide range of factors affecting contractor's costs.
- Conducts extensive negotiations during all phases of the procurement process. Formulates the negotiation strategy, to include preparation, coordination, and execution of the Business Clearance memorandums.
Occasional travel - Business travel may be up to 10%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA Eligible, Military Spouses, Former Federal Employees, ICTAP
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now