Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Huntsville is a high-tech city nestled between the edge of the Appalachian Mountains in North Alabama and the Tennessee Rivers. Huntsville is just 100 miles north of Birmingham and 100 miles south of Nashville, TN and is one of the most recognized cities in the Southeast - consistently named as one of the best places to live and work by a variety of national publications.
This is an obligated position.
Position may be filled by temporary promotion or temporary reassignment NTE 13 months, if a current permanent Army employee. Temporary promotion/reassignment may be extended up to a maximum of 5 years, and may be made permanent without further competition.
Position may be filled by term appointment NTE 13 months, if not a current permanent Army employee. Term appointment may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
This position may be converted to a permanent, career or career-conditional appointment without further competition as long as all requirements are met. To be eligible for conversion, employee must complete at least 2 years of current continuous service under a term appointment in the competitive service AND employee must have a current performance rating under such term appointment of at least fully successful or equivalent.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Responsible for researching, evaluating, analyzing, and/or interpreting regulatory and policy directives for translation into usable guidance for serviced customers.
- Develop Command position on the changes to regulations, legislative directives, and/or decisions to include change or process revision to policies and procedures.
- Conduct continuing review and evaluation of the effectiveness of published Command directives and instruction through a review of reports, correspondence, observations, and visits to subordinate activities.
- Resolve complex problems not addressed by existing regulations, or which require presentation to a higher authority because of significant management considerations.
- Develop studies on various aspects of acquisition management and contract administration which may result in briefing preparations, information papers, and reports.
Occasional travel - Position requires travel less than 25% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees; Military Spouses; ICTAP
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now