Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Fort Eustis, Virginia is located in Newport News, between historic Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. Local Transportation via the Hampton Roads Transit (HRT) bus service to the surrounding area which includes Hampton, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake and Virginia Beach. There are convenient interstate and major highways connecting the city to the neighboring cities above plus York County, Gloucester, Suffolk, and Smithfield. The Hampton Roads/Tidewater area has all the conveniences of a big city with charm of small town and rural areas.
This position is covered under an alternative personnel system known as the DoD Acquisition Workforce Demonstration Project. The Demonstration Project replaces GS grade levels with occupational families and pay bands. The salary range of the position being filled will not be decreased with the change to pay bands. This position incorporates former GS-14 step 1 through GS-15 step 10 grade levels and salary levels. Pay increases within the pay band will be accomplished through the Contribution-Based Compensation and Appraisal System.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Application of procurement regulations and contracting principles.
- Assisting with the implementation of contracting policies to assure compliance with statutory and regulatory acquisition directives and guidance.
- Determines actions to be taken on specific solicitations and contracts actions involving approvals of awards, disposition of protests, correction of mistakes, disputes, defaults, terminations, reasonableness of price, wage determinations, labor violations, matters relating to the equal opportunity program, failures to comply with contract regulatory requirements, requests for relief under PL 85-804, informal commitments, and congressional inquiries.
- Plans and executes a systematic and comprehensive Contract Management Review (CMR) program that assesses each Installation Contracting Office for statutory compliance, inherent risk, level of business judgment, and assures proper level of internal control procedures are in place.
- Evaluates overall performance of subordinate/leaders. Reviews evaluations made by subordinate supervisors of other employees on work and administrative matters. Provides advice, counsel, and instruction to accomplish the assigned function. Interviews candidates for vacant positions, makes selections for non-supervisory positions and subordinate supervisor/leader positions.
Occasional travel - Business travel of up to 15 percent may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now