Training Development Specialist
About the Position:
ATTENTION: Some of the hyperlinks within this Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA) have been updated and are available at the following website: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/APF-JOA/index.html
For this Internal JOA, please reference the documents in the above mentioned website titled: Applicant Checklist - (Merit Promotion) - FULL; Proof of Eligibility; and Employment of Federal Civilian Annuitants. In addition, the website for the OPM Career Transition Resources website is www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
This position is located at Army Contracting Command - Rock Island (ACC-RI).
The U.S. Army Contracting Command was established on March 14, 2008. The mission of the Army Contracting Command is to oversee more than $85 billion in contracts annually and focus on maintaining and improving the Army's ability to respond globally in support of the warfighter's needs.
The Rock Island Arsenal is a major Army installation located in the heartland of America on an historic island in the Mississippi River between Iowa and Illinois. The area is known as the Quad Cities-Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa and Moline/East Moline and Rock Island in Illinois.
This position provides full benefits, vacation and sick leave, and a flex-time work schedule. Army employees at the RIA enjoy other privileges such as use of the fitness center, golf driving range, outdoor recreation rentals, storage units, child and youth care center, Arsenal food Court, Arsenal Club/catering, employee assistance program, recycle program, RIA Museum, thrift shop, discounted tickets for some community events, National Historical Landmark, Memorial Park/Pavilion rentals.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As a Training Development specialist you will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinates with a variety of training sources, to include government and nongovernment vendors, Colleges and Universities, and distance learning vendors to develop and implement training plans.
- Applies qualitative and quantitative analytical techniques that frequently require modification to fit a wider range of training variables.
- Consults with managers to create formal client-manager partnerships and possible client-teams inclusive of bargaining unit representatives.
- Coordinates with managers/employees, academic personnel, and higher headquarters to accomplish assigned requirements and informs the staff on developing trends, situations and required actions.
- Develops recommendations and/or proposed courses of action on all training programs to meet requirements.
25% or less - Business travel up to 25%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, Military Spouses and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now