Logistics Management Specialist
This vacancy is being re-announced. Candidates who applied for Announcement # NCFR173345872988 must self-nominate for this Announcement in order to receive consideration.
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The incumbent serves as the Logistics Management Specialist for the HQ Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC), Commandant Office. The incumbent develops, coordinates, and oversees logistics management support plans for the HQ MICC. The incumbent is the subject matter expert regarding supply and logistics operations and governing supply regulations and guidelines. Work requires a general knowledge of facility, transportation, supply and inventory management as well as other logistics support functions in order to integrate, coordinate, and analyze total support requirements.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.?
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- You will serve as liaison between the MICC and the Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) Transportation Office for all internal transportation requests for transporting Soldiers and civilians assigned to the MICC as well as personnel visiting from other organizations. Incumbent will perform technical supply work involved in monitoring the supply and equipment inventory readiness of HQ MICC, to identify potential problems and corrective actions needed.
- Maintain all primary and sub Hand Receipt Holders (PHRH) actions.
- You will request, receive and issue property to PHRH or designated representatives.
- Utilize web based automated logistics system for printing primary Hand Receipts, Consolidated Property Listings, Sensitive Item Inventory Listings, Cyclic Inventory Listings, and Unit Equipment Readiness Listings for the HQ MICC.
- You will screen all inventory documents for accuracy and timely submission to the Property Book Officer (PBO).
- You will serve as Records Custodian.
- You will serve as the headquarters primary Purchase Card Holder (CH) for the Government Purchase Card Program (GPC).
- Manage supply and services for the headquarters; Review and validate all logistics related purchase requests, including those for buildings, facilities repairs and grounds. Conducts extensive research to determine the availability of supplies, equipment and services for all requirements.
- Incumbent will serve as the Facility Manager and Liaison between the MICC and the 502nd Civil Engineer Squadron (CES) Customer Support office.
- You will serve as liaison between the MICC and the Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) Transportation Office for all internal transportation requests for transporting Soldiers and civilians assigned to the MICC as well as personnel visiting from other organizations.
Occasional travel - Business Travel/TDY up to 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, NAF, 30% DAV, VEOA, VRA, Military Spouse, ICTAP
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now