Procurement Technician (office Automation)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is with the Mission and Installation Contracting Command (MICC), located at Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA. In land mass, Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) is the largest of DoD's twelve joint bases, and it is second in terms of number of personnel. JBLM has approximately 46,000 service members (active, National Guard, Reserve), of which about six thousand are U.S. Air Force. The remaining service personnel are Army, except for a small number of Navy and Marines who work on base. There are more than 55,000 military family members associated with the base, and about 15,000 civilian employees work at the base. JBLM is located about 10 miles south of Tacoma, WA. Seattle, WA, is about 40 north of the base, and Olympia, WA, is about 25 miles south of the base. JBLM is surrounded by about ten cities of varying size, to include medium sized cities that are densely populated, and smaller, more rural cities.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Provide technical support to Contract Specialists in the total procurement process.
- Perform a variety of technical and clerical procurement support tasks.
- Monitor Acquisition Plan for compliance and ensure information is entered timely and accurately.
- Provide customer support to internal and external customers.
- Process public vouchers and invoices for contract payment.
- Compile and maintain electronic contract files, spreadsheets and databases.
- Produce correspondence, reports, forms, charts, graphs, and related procurement documents.
- Government Purchase Card holder for the unit.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now