Travels Accounts Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position primary will be serving as a travel Accounts Specialist for the U.S. Army Mission and Installation Contracting Command, Travel Accounting Services. This position is under the general supervision of the Chief, System and Accounting.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- In this position you will serve as a Defense Travel Administrator, reviewing travel orders and vouchers to ensure all transactions are in compliance with the law and travel regulations.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and auditing travel orders; reimbursement vouchers and propriety of expenditures of funds; you will screen and verify government travel card transactions for approval and payments; review lines of accounting; implement local travel card procedures; monitor travel card automated database system and reports.
- Review and monitor cardholders and travel delinquencies.
- Gather data and make recommendations in solving unusual occurrences; coordinate and provide advice, assistance and guidance covering a wide variety of travel related program requirements.
- Participate in conducting professional analysis of procedures, methods and practices relative to travel program requirements.
- Serve as a liaison with a widely dispersed customer/support base including Department of Defense, Defense Travel Management Office, Defense Finance and Accounting Service, Government Travel Card Administrators at Army level, the Government Travel Card contractor, subordinate commands and various civilian sector organizations.
- Perform travel training as needed.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, VEOA, ICTAP, NAF, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now