Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The Mission and Installation Contracting Command certified professionals provide responsive, complete and compliant contracting solutions to Army commands, installations and activities. The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as the Supervisory Contract Specialist. Direct and plan overall work operations of acquisition supply, services construction, energy and environmental requirements. This position is located at Joint Base Fort Sam Houston, Texas.
This position is Obligated: An obligated position is one to which an employee has statutory restoration rights based on active military service, compensable injury or disability when fully recovered, or return rights based on having served on overseas tour(s). Obligated positions may also cover employees who have been on extended leave without pay under certain circumstances. When a position is obligated to an employee it means that he/she has an entitlement to that position. When an obligated position is filled either temporarily or permanently, the selected employee is required to sign an agreement acknowledging that he/she is aware of the obligation and accepts the fact that he/she may be displaced under reduction in force procedures at a later time.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Plan a full range of operations of acquisition supply and services, construction, energy and environmental requirements.
- Collaborate with other leadership to negotiate, decide on, and coordinate work-related changes affecting other activities.
- Advise higher level management officials of problems involving the relationships of the operations supervised to broader programs and their impact on such programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of operations supervised in terms of mission accomplishment, quality and quantity of standards, procedural, policy and regulatory compliance, and technical competence.
- Make changes in division functional alignment, balancing workload among subordinates to increase effectiveness of operations.
Occasional travel - Business travel up to 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, VEOA, 30 %, ICTAP, Military Spouses, NAFI, Schedule A, Postal Service
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now