Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is assigned to an operating division of the Army Contracting Command-Aberdeen Proving Ground (ACC-APG) contracting center located at Fort Huachuca, Arizona.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Responsible for pre-award and post-award functions, including cost/price analysis, negotiation, and administration for supply, service and/or research and development requirements at a Major Army Command (MACOM) central buying activity.
Pre-award functions include:
- Reviewing requests for procurement of complex equipment, services, and/or studies, to include analysis of requirement and recommendations of revisions to performance work statements or specifications. The preponderance of the work is Information Technology Services and IT hardware and software.
- Preparing solicitation documents to include incorporation of provisions such as weighting factors, testing procedures, cost escalation factors, cost data requirements, and socioeconomic programs.
- Analyzing proposals; conducting cost or price analysis.
- Negotiating with potential contractors.
- Preparing documentation (market research report, acquisition strategy and plan, solicitation, records of negotiation, justifications)
- Conducting post-award conferences with contractors
- Monitoring contractor performance
- Interpreting contract clauses and provisions.
- Participation in legal proceedings in support of the Government position.
- Negotiations of contract modifications.
Occasional travel - This position requires Temporary Duty (TDY) travel up to 20% of the time for training and site visits?
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now