Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Management may select at any of the grade levels announced at the GS-09 or GS-11.
The GS-09 is a developmental position full performance GS-11. Noncompetitive promotion potential to target grade.
This position is located at Fort Huachuca, AZ. Ft Huachuca is located 75 miles southeast of Tucson, Arizona. We are nestled at the foot of the Huachuca Mountains and enjoy the benefit of some of the best climate in the United States. Please visit the Fort Huachuca web site for more information at http://www.huachuca.army.mil/site/Visitor/index.asp. Also please visit the Sierra Vista Chamber of Commerce web site for information on relocating to the Sierra Vista/Fort Huachuca area at http://www.sierravistachamber.org/
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Learn more about this agency
- Analyze contract prices or costs including the proposal to determine reasonableness in accordance with the scope of work.
- Determine cost or price analysis of cost breakdowns, audit reports and field pricing reports to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate proposals and quotes against evaluation criteria.
- Research established regulations such as, but not limited to the FAR and DFARS to advise management on contracting solutions to address identified problems.
- Recommend changes or modification of contract terms which caused defective specifications, changes of conditions, or alterations of specifications.
25% or less - Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now