Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Directorate of Contracting, Letterkenny Army Depot, Chambersburg, PA.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
This position may be filled at the GS-11 or GS-12 grade level.
- Responsible for pre-award and post-award functions for a variety of service, supplies, equipment, construction and information technology contracts
- Provide guidance to technical personnel involved in the development of contract packages
- Prepare award documents for Contracting Officer signature
- Monitor contractor performance and negotiate settlements
- Analyze cost/price data to support price reasonableness
- Negotiate sole source contracts and modifications
- Respond to inquiries, including formal protests and congressional inquiries
- Occasional Travel
- Travel may be required up to 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Permanent Army Employees Only
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now