Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Natick Contracting Division (NCD) is a full service contracting organization managing integrated acquisition from research and development through production and post production services. As part of US Army Contracting Command, NCD's expertise is utilized by all of the Armed Services, but in particular we provide contracting support to key Program Executive Offices and Program Managers supporting the U.S. Army's major acquisition programs. We contract for major soldier support systems ranging from uniforms and individual equipment to air drop delivery, as well as, critical technologies such as Chemical/Biological agent detection and protection and Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Beyond equipment, we also support procurement efforts for critical medical programs such as Traumatic Brain Injury research. As an integral part of the US Army team, NCD strives to implement world class best practices in procurement to ensure the sustainment, survivability and success of the 21st century warfighter.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As a Contract Specialist, you will serve as a warranted contracting officer and contract team leader responsible for providing contracting officer support to a team of 1-5 lower graded or less experienced Contract Specialists and Procurement Technicians. You will also be responsible for conducting all facets of the acquisition process. Specifically, you will:
- Conduct acquisition strategy meetings, pre-solicitation activities, source selection or best value evaluations, contract award, and contract administration for complex, high dollar contracts and acquisitions in support of R&D and Production contracts.
- Apply/understand current acquisition principles, regulations, acquisition reform/streamlining, and other acquisition related areas as they pertain to the research and development of technical items and services contracts.
- Provide Government and Industry customer acquisition support in the areas of acquisition related planning, coordination, education, and problem resolution. You may be required to work on classified material.
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams to confer with other specialists for the evaluation of technical information and resolve any discrepancies.
- Serve as Negotiation Team Leader representing Government interests during complex and high dollar contract negotiations that commit the Command's resources. Plans the negotiation strategy, coordinates strategy with the negotiation team, and leads the negotiations which are conducted with contractors to develop the contract prices and terms.
- Provide expertise in life cycle acquisition by furnishing advisory, planning, and compliance services and develop acquisition streamlining procedures for implementation on projects and programs of contracts for complex research and development acquisitions.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now