Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This is a Demonstration Project position: The NH-04 broadband incorporates former GS-14 step 1 through GS-15 step 10 grade levels and salary levels.
The position is located at Humphreys Office, 411th CSB, Pyongtaek, Korea.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees Applying to OCONUS Positions
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Excepted Service Overseas Family Member Appointment
- Family Member Preference (FMP) for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouse Preference (MSP) for Overseas Employment
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
The major duties of this position include the following:
- Serves as the Division chief in operation, personnel and contract management of the Division.
- Duties include representing the division at command and senior level meetings with customers.
- Responsible for the overall operational readiness of the division.
- The work involves planning, directing, and coordinating contract actions involved in supporting forward deployed joint military forces
during both armistice and war to ensure that mission responsibilities of the command are achieved.
- Provides advice and guidance to subordinates, managers, commanders, contractors, and customers.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and reviews major procurements and contractual issues affecting the division's assigned workload.
- Responsible for execution, administration and modification of highly complex contracts that include a variety of supplies, services, and
construction to include inter-governmental and indirect construction projects; utility contracts; technical assistance contracts; total base
- Serves as the division's senior civilian contracting officer with unlimited signatory.
- Directs a staff of approximately 30 civilian employees and will be responsible for organizing and managing the workforce and all
activities of the division.
- Assigns work directly or through team leaders/senior specialist to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of difficulty
and requirements of assignments while providing technical and program/project direction, and policy interpretation.
- Performs the full range of administrative and technical supervisory duties.
- Responsible for understanding and actively supporting the Command's Affirmative Action/EEO Program, ensuring EEO principles are
reflected in all aspects of personnel management.
- Assigns work and establishes priorities; evaluates performance of subordinates; gives advice, counsel, and/or instruction to
subordinates on both work and administrative matters.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal employees, Veterans, Military Spouse and Overseas Family Members
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now