Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is covered under an alternative personnel system known as the DoD Acquisition Workforce Demonstration Project. The Demonstration Project replaces GS grade levels with occupational families and pay bands. The salary range of the position being filled will not be decreased with the change to pay bands. This position incorporates former GS-12 step 1 through GS-13 step 10 grade levels and salary levels. Pay increases within the pay band will be accomplished through the Contribution-Based Compensation and Appraisal System.
About the Position:
Fort Eustis is located in Newport News, VA between historic Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. Transportation includes convenient interstate and major highways connecting the city to neighboring Hampton, York County, Gloucester, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk, and Smithfield. The Tidewater area has all the conveniences of a big city with charm of small town and rural areas.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Eligible for military spouse preference (registered in the Priority Placement Program for this location, job title, series, and grade)
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Participate in integrated product/process team (IPT) acquisition planning and acquisition strategy development for research and development and production procurement.
- Prepare solicitation documents, including advising and assisting in source selection procedures and evaluation criteria and requirement-specific instructions.
- Performs post-awards contract administration functions to assigned contracts where DCMA (Defense Contract Management Agency) does not provide such support.
- Conduct business evaluations of proposals, to include cost and or price analysis.
- Performs or responsible for subsequent negotiations of contracts, modifications, supplements, and settlements of claims and disputes.
- 25% or Greater
- Business travel of up to 25 percent may be required.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, Federal Employees, ICTAP, VEOA, Military Spouse
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now