Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
The Anniston Army Depot is located in Anniston, Alabama in the foot hills of the Appalachian Mountain chain half way between Atlanta, GA and Birmingham, AL just off Interstate 20. The depot is the largest employer in Calhoun County with approximately 5000 employees.
- This position is being filled under the Expedited Hiring Authority for Acquisition Positions in accordance with the Duncan Hunter National Defense Authorization Act This is a developmental Contract Specialist position.
- Management may select at any of the grade levels announced (GS-07, GS-09 or GS-11).
- The incumbent performs developmental assignments under closer than normal supervision. Assignments become progressively more difficult until the full performance level of GS-11 is reached.
- Non-Competitive promotion to the next level may be effected provided the incumbent is sufficiently experienced; meets all necessary qualification requirements for promotion to the target job; and is performing the full scope of the major duties and is functioning under the supervisory controls stated in the target job description.
- Incumbent MUST complete a Training Agreement.
- Transcripts required at the time of application.
- Multiple positions MAY be filled from this vacancy.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible for Persons with Disabilities
- Serves as a trainee/intern performing a variety of progressively more difficult assignments within the Contracting and Acquisition field involving similar situations and problems at GS-07 level.
- Completes formal/informal classroom training, on-the-job training, and/or self-development as set forth in the incumbents Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Serves as a Contract Specialist, responsible for the full range of contract functions encompassing issuing solicitations, evaluating proposals, contract negotiations, execution, and administration for supplies, equipment, services, construction and/or special assigned programs.
- Performs all pre-award contracting functions which require the use of fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, or a combination of contract methods and types to procure large, highly complex/high dollar equipment systems, programs or services where little or no contractual precedent exists.
- Performs post-award functions to include monitoring contractor performance, negotiating Delivery Orders (DO), extensions of delivery schedules, price adjustments, modifications to the contract and similar agreements and contract closeout.
- Occasional Travel
- Up to 25% business travel is required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Army employees with competitive status (includes Army employees serving on a career or career conditional appointment)
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now