Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at Fort Shafter, Hawaii and serves as a Contract Specialist in 413th Contracting Support Brigade, RCO Hawaii, Services, Supply, Construction Division, Wheeler Army Airfield, Hawaii 96854.** A 11.32% Cost of Living Allowance is currently authorized.
* Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Eligible for family member appointment under Executive Order 12721
- Eligible for NAF/AAFES Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to an Interchange Agreement
- Eligible due to prior employment with specific agencies
- Eligible for Persons with Disabilities
Hawaii is a beautiful state, but may be considered to have a high cost of living. The median house price is $700K. The rental market is high as well. Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. It is highly recommended that research be done about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying. For more information about Hawaii and the Island of Oahu, visit http://www.hvcb.org and
At the full performance level of the target conversion position (GS-12): You will be performing the full range of pre and post award functions using sealed bidding, negotiated, or simplified procedures. Administer contracts for a variety of supply, maintenance and transportation services is support of the installation operations. Will ensure appropriate funding and required waivers, certifications, justifications, approvals and compliances have been obtained for purchase requests using sealed bidding, negotiated or simplified procedures. Upon completion of progression, will be responsible for the negotiation, award, cost analysis, and administration functions for commercial activities/installation-wide contracts or complex/master contracts for supplies, services, equipment, and construction. You will serve as Contracting Specialist for the Regional Contracting Office, Hawaii (RCO-HI), responsible for the negotiation, award, cost analysis, and administration functions for commercial activities/installation-wide contracts OR complex/master contracts for supplies, services, equipment, and construction, may include those resulting from OMB A76 and privatization studies. Incumbent provides advice, assistance, and technical direction to representative of other activities ensuring that the development of contractual and legally sufficient statements of work, surveillance plans, etc, is completed.)
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel maybe required up to 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now