Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Provide responsive and effective theater contracting support to the Combined Joint Operations Areas of Iraq and Afghanistan as well as coordination authority over all Department of Defense contracting activities operating in Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Qatar, Jordan and Pakistan in order to provide unity of contracting effort.
Huntsville is a high-tech city nestled between the edge of the Appalachian Mountains in North Alabama and the Tennessee Rivers. Huntsville is just 100 miles north of Birmingham and 100 miles south of Nashville, TN and is one of the most recognized cities in the Southeast - consistently named as one of the best places to live and work by a variety of national publications.
This is a deployable position to Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Pakistan, Jordan - CENTCOM Area of Operation.
This position is a TERM position. It is a time limited position and may be extended up to a maximum of six years.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Manage and direct the full range of negotiations, award, modification, management/administration, and termination of contracts encompassing the full range of diverse and extremely complex types.
- Review negotiation strategies on major procurements and provides direction and guidance as required on a variety of types of contracts which may include firm-fixed-price, fixed-price with economic price adjustment, fixed-price re-determinable, fixed-price level of effort, cost reimbursement contracts.
- Guide the full range of contract administration actions required for the acquisition program, including the issuance of contract modifications, negotiation of changes, exercise of options, investigation and resolution of contractor's delays, contractor performance appraisal, subcontractor surveillance, disposition of claims, and similar matters.
- Advise and provide counsel to employees regarding policies, procedures, and directives of management.
- Resolve employee complaints and refers serious unresolved complaints to higher level management.
- 75% or Greater
- Business travel 100% of the time to Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar,Pakistan,Jordan-CENTCOM Area of Operation
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, 30% or more, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now