Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
You will serve as a Contract Specialist responsible for the full range of contract functions encompassing issuing solicitations, evaluation proposals, contract negotiations, execution and administration for commodities, equipment, routine services, complex and technical services, construction contracts, and/or federal information processing resources and special assigned programs.
About the Location:
This position is located in Grafenwoehr, Germany, situated on the river Vils. The local German communities of Grafenwoehr and Vilseck are rich in history and offer many activities and opportunities for the whole family to enjoy. For additional information please visit www.bavaria.army.mil.
Who May Apply:
Applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Perform pre-award contracting functions that include but are not limited to fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, or a combination of simplified and complex contract methods and types
- Develop procurement plans by reviewing previous history, market conditions, and specifications or technical data packages
- Monitor funds by various management accounts to ensure that over obligation does not occur on orders
- Interpret contract provisions to contractors and for officials of the agency and provides appropriate advice and guidance
- Perform price/cost analysis
- Conducting extensive negotiations during all phases of the procurement process
- Perform all post award contracting functions in the administration of contract
- May be required to function as a team lead
- Occasional Travel
- 25% Duty Travel may be required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates (Merit Promotion, VEOA Eligibles, and Military Spouses)
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now