Lead Procurement Technician
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Natick Contracting Division (NCD) is a full service contracting organization managing integrated acquisition from research and development through production and post production services. As part of US Army Contracting Command, NCD's expertise is utilized by all of the Armed Services, but in particular we provide contracting support to key Program Executive Offices and Program Managers supporting the U.S. Army's major acquisition programs. We contract for major soldier support systems ranging from uniforms and individual equipment to air drop delivery, as well as, critical technologies such as Chemical/Biological agent detection and protection and Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Beyond equipment, we also support procurement efforts for critical medical programs such as Traumatic Brain Injury research. As an integral part of the US Army team, NCD strives to implement world class best practices in procurement to ensure the sustainment, survivability and success of the 21st century warfighter.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
The incumbent of this position Provides administrative and technical support for the Natick Contracting Division in the pre-award and post-award facets of contracting. Also, applies a knowledge of procurement policies, regulations, and/or procedures to provide administrative and technical work in support of the functions and responsibilities associated with the procurement of supplies and services. Specifically, you will:
- Administer contracts so that procurements are accomplished in a manner which is efficient and advantageous for the Government.
- Monitor progress of contractors through reports and contacts with personnel involved.
- Review contractor's performance and recommends payment or nonpayment accordingly.
- Perform a variety of computer-related input/output in accordance with current procurement and administrative policies and procedures.
- Accumulate and develop historical cost and performance data about precedent procurement cases.
- Review completed official contract files to determine that all contractual actions are satisfied and that the contract is complete in every respect and ready to be closed.
- Serve as a team lead for other lower graded Procurement Technicians. You will ensure work is appropriately delegated and dispersed throughout the team and monitor progress of work through to completion.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now