Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Fort Gordon is in Augusta, Georgia, home of the Masters Golf Tournament and the Cyber Center of Excellence. It is approximately 142 miles east of Atlanta, 80 miles southwest of Columbia, South Carolina and 122 miles northwest of Savannah, Georgia. Ft Gordon's location offers close proximity to a metropolitan area and is an easy drive from Atlanta, Savannah the beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the mountains.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As a Contract Specialist you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct negotiations for procurements involving engineering, manufacturing equipment, service, supplies and modifications for activities and other tenants and satellite units.
- Analyze requirements to determine appropriate method of procurement (i.e., formally advertised or negotiated) and type of contract most favorable to the Government.
- Evaluate bids or proposals, makes necessary determinations as to responsiveness, bidder responsibility, price reasonableness, and offers within competitive range and further negotiations may be necessary.
- Make final determination on progress payments, control of Government furnished property, contractors' compliance with contract clauses, small business responsibilities and basic laws, price revisions, change orders, readjustments, excusable delays and mutual mistake.
- Perform all or most contract termination functions to include settlement agreements.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Federal Employees, VEOA, Military Spouses, Former Overseas Employees
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now