Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: Huntsville is a high-tech city nestled between the edge of the Appalachian Mountains in North Alabama and the Tennessee River. The Huntsville area has one of the largest research parks in the United States, and the technical community is fortunate to have access to the undergraduate and graduate curricula of several excellent engineering universities. It is also home to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center, championship golf courses, museums, professional theater, symphony, sport franchises (baseball, ice hockey, and arena football) and three shopping malls. This is a vibrant region with mild winters, family oriented communities, and great natural beauty.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Supervise the Accounting, Systems and Manpower Branch responsible for accounting, audit readiness, financial system administration, compliance, and manpower management.
- Administer the activity's Financial Improvement/Audit Readiness (FIAR) program with responsibility for the integrity of the financial records and reports, compliance with established FIAR guidance and regulations, and establishing a proactive, comprehensive system to measure compliance and correct deficiencies.
- Develop, coordinate and publish financial regulations, directives and procedures and provide advice and recommendations to senior management on related matters.
- Lead and perform the full range of supervisory duties for a professional team consisting of accountants, financial analysts, and program analysts.
- Initiate and coordinate on studies of accounting problems that typically involve complex highly integrated accounting, costing and financial management problems.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Agency Employee
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now