Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Red River Army Depot (RRAD) is located in northeast Texas, 19 miles west of Texarkana and approximately 170 miles northeast of Dallas. RRAD is near the corners of 4 states - Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas. The depots enormous maintenance mission includes the repair, rebuild, overhaul and conversion of tactical wheeled vehicles. For more information on Red River Army Depot, go to the following web site: www.redriver.army.mil.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
- Performing pre-award and/or post award contracting functions for a variety of critical major mission requirements
- Performing contract price and cost analysis with responsibility for analyzing a variety of proposed procurements, supplemental procurements, and others as required.
- Preparing solicitation documents, developing special clauses and terms and conditions applicable to the requirement.
- Coordinating with industry associations and the Small Business Administration in efforts to expand competition.
- Analyzing and evaluates unit cost and pricing data contained in proposals to determine reasonableness of all elements of cost.
- Monitoring contractor performance in relation to the completion schedule required by the contract.
- Negotiating settlement for such changes, approves contract payments, assesses liquidated or actual damages for nonperformance, issues show cause or cure notices, terminates contracts for default or convenience and negotiates settlements, prepares replies to other involved agencies, appeal boards, or congressional inquiries.
Occasional travel - Travel maybe required up to 10% of time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, Former Federal Employees, VEOA, ICTAP, Military Spouses
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now