Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Natick Contracting Division (NCD) is a full service contracting organization managing integrated acquisition from research and development through production and post production services. As part of US Army Contracting Command, NCD's expertise is utilized by all of the Armed Services, but in particular we provide contracting support to key Program Executive Offices and Program Managers supporting the U.S. Army's major acquisition programs. We contract for major soldier support systems ranging from uniforms and individual equipment to air drop delivery, as well as, critical technologies such as Chemical/Biological agent detection and protection and Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Beyond equipment, we also support procurement efforts for critical medical programs such as Traumatic Brain Injury research. As an integral part of the US Army team, NCD strives to implement world class best practices in procurement to ensure the sustainment, survivability and success of the 21st century warfighter.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
The incumbent of this position serves in a developmental capacity as a Procurement Analyst. At the full performance level, you will apply knowledge and skill in Procurement methods, principles and evaluative methods. Specifically, you will:
- Analyze, evaluate and review procurement programs
- Initiate actions and develop standard operating procedures
- Oversee a peer review process to determine program effectiveness and efficiency
- Participate in external audits/reviews on contract execution or programs
- Monitor progress of expiring and cancelling ULOs
- Oversee a purchase card program, to include account setup and maintenance
- Maintain accountability of organizational property book
- Oversee records retention for organization
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now