Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at Fort Shafter, Hawaii and serves as a Procurement Analyst in the Expeditionary Contracting Command, Office of the Director.
THIS IS AN OBLIGATED POSITION.
Hawaii is a beautiful state, but may be considered to have a high cost of living. The median house price is $700K. The rental market is high as well. Hawaii has many outdoor activities all year round including surfing, paddling, diving, fishing, and hiking. It is highly recommended that research be done about the cost of living in Hawaii prior to applying. For more information about Hawaii and the Island of Oahu, visit http://www.hvcb.org and http://www.army.mil/info/organization/unitsandcommands/commandstructure/usarpac).
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As a Procurement Analyst the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Serve as procurement analyst and technical advisor to the Commander.
- Resolve complex acquisition management and contracting questions of both a policy and
- Advise contracting offices of deficiencies and discrepancies.
- Review and analyze trends which correct deficiencies, improve contract quality and
- Develop and recommend new or revised acquisition management policies and procedures.Expeditionary Contracting Command.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now