Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Serve as a Procurement Analyst in the Army Contracting Command (ACC) responsible for the analysis, review, and evaluation of unusual, unique, complex procurement elements associated with acquisition processes/policy, automated system discrepancies and/or contracting matters.
Redstone Arsenal is located adjacent to Huntsville, AL. Huntsville has one of the largest research parks in the U.S., and a variety of first-rate primary and secondary schools, colleges, universities, and trade schools. The area provides access to fishing, boating, championship golf courses, the arts, botanical clubs, parks, and shopping. It is a vibrant region with mild winters, family oriented communities, and great natural beauty.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Integrate procurement business systems throughout the organization to support the full spectrum of the acquisition process.
- Extract business intelligence reports and engage in corrective actions to reconcile data discrepancies and/or anomalies.
- Assist in resolving system issues, interface errors, and incident reports pertaining to procurement business systems used within the organization.
- Administer and manage assigned program(s) within the organization, such as Standard Procurement System (SPS); Procurement Automated Data and Document System (PADDS); Electronic Document Access (EDA); Federal Procurement Data System - Next Generation (FPDS-NG); Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System (CPARS); and Virtual Contracting Enterprise (VCE).
- Analyze acquisition information or data utilizing acquisition/procurement tools and develop data mining or information gathering strategies to ensure minimal impact on operational contracting offices.
Occasional travel - You may be required to travel away from your duty station up to 10% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Federal Employees, ICTAP, VEOA, Military Spouses, Former Federal Employees
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now