Supervisory Contract Specialist
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Join a motivated, growing, and diverse team engaged in challenging and dynamic work at a new garrison dedicated to direct support of the Reagan Test Site's three critical strategic mission areas: missile testing, operational space surveillance, and technology development for future systems and sensors. United States Army Garrison Kwajalein Atoll is a small community, proud of its historic significance that though remote, provides most services found on Army garrisons. Services include a small, non-DODEA K-12 school system, a CYSS, and medical facility (no specialty care). Family member screening and evaluation due to limited exceptional family member resources. Located 2400 miles southwest of Hawaii in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, surrounding one of the world's largest tropical lagoons, you can enjoy access to activities such as world-class diving, snorkeling, fishing, golfing, boating, and organized sports, as well as, beautiful beaches, a year-round tropical climate, and a short walk or bike-to-work (no POVs). One to three bedroom housing with utilities provided.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
As a Supervisory Contract Specialist the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Perform contract management functions in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and contractual agreements.
- Provide contractual guidance/direction to the contractors and/or government representatives in accordance with regulations and policies.
- Manage the disposition of contract protests, contract claims, disputes and appeals.
- Administer a variety of contract types such as: (task orders, levels of efforts, time and materials,and various cost types).
- Conduct contract negotiations with high level business, industry, and/or Government officials.
- Negotiate and/or execute contract changes, option exercises and/or contract modifications for existing contracts.
- Coach, counsel and/or mentor new civilian and/or military personnel.
- Identify developmental and/or training needs of subordinates after reviewing work.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel maybe required away from duty location, up to 5%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now