Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located in the Mission & Installation Contracting Command, Enterprise & Installation Operations, Contract Management Division at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. Fort Leonard Wood is located in the beautiful South-Central Missouri Ozarks. The Fort covers more than 61,000 acres and is located in Pulaski County. Bordering the installation to the north are the towns of Waynesville/St. Robert and Interstate 44. St. Louis is a two-hour drive to the east along I-44 and Springfield is a little more than an hour's drive to the west of Fort Leonard Wood.
This position is being recruited for at the GS-07, GS-09, and GS-11 grade levels. Selection can be made at any grade level. If the selection is made at the GS-07 grade level, then there is noncompetitive promotion potential to the GS-11 grade level.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- 30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement Eligible
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist your duties will include:
- Serve as a Contract Specialist responsible for pre-and post-award functions (i.e., solicitations, negotiations, contract awards, and management and termination).
- Plan coordinate, and conduct negotiations for procurements involving the acquisition of a variety of supply, major services, and complex construction contracts.
- Utilize numerous contract types categorized in these major groups: 1) fixed price contracts, 2) contracts based on firm, fixed, or ceiling prices, or under appropriate circumstances an adjustable price, 3) special purpose contracts and agreements.
- Utilize methods and/or techniques as past performance, Best Value, commercial item, reverse auctioning, or other innovative contractual methods.
- Perform functions necessary under the Government's Credit Card Program.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) 5% of the time.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, VEOA Eligibles, ICTAP, Schedule A, NAFI
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now