Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Natick Contracting Division (NCD) is a full service contracting organization managing integrated acquisition from research and development through production and post production services. As part of US Army Contracting Command, NCD's expertise is utilized by all of the Armed Services, but in particular we provide contracting support to key Program Executive Offices and Program Managers supporting the U.S. Army's major acquisition programs. We contract for major soldier support systems ranging from uniforms and individual equipment to air drop delivery, as well as, critical technologies such as Chemical/Biological agent detection and protection and Unmanned Aircraft Systems. Beyond equipment, we also support procurement efforts for critical medical programs such as Traumatic Brain Injury research. As an integral part of the US Army team, NCD strives to implement world class best practices in procurement to ensure the sustainment, survivability and success of the 21st century warfighter.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Army employees with Competitive status
As a Contract Specialist working for the Natick Contracting Division you will serve as a senior Contract Specialist and lead negotiator. You will work with customers to define/refine acquisition related requirements. Specifically, you will:
- Provide support to Contracting Officers in all facets of the acquisition process (i.e., conducting acquisition strategy meetings, pre-solicitation activities, source selection or best value evaluations, contract award, and contract administration) for moderately complex, multimillion dollar acquisitions (with a particular emphasis on Installation Support, Research and Development and Production)
- Perform procurement planning, developing procurement objectives for the program in terms of competition and acquisition approach.
- Serve as acquisition advisor to program officials in procurement planning meetings
- Plan the negotiation strategy, coordinate strategy with the negotiation team; Work with program officials to develop contract prices and terms
- Perform contract administration to include preparation of modifications, rate and cost adjustments, coordination of time extensions, incorporation of change orders, preparation of stop work orders, cure notices or show cause letters, exercise of options, and monitoring government property reporting
- Prepare documents related to the termination of contracts for the convenience of the government or default by the contractor
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Current Army employees with Competitive status
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now