Lead Human Resources Specialist (human Resource Development)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at Army Contracting Command - Rock Island (ACC-RI).
The U.S. Army Contracting Command was established on March 14, 2008. The mission of the Army Contracting Command is to oversee more than $85 billion in contracts annually and focus on maintaining and improving the Army's ability to respond globally in support of the warfighter's needs.
The Rock Island Arsenal is a major Army installation located in the heartland of America on an historic island in the Mississippi River between Iowa and Illinois. The area is known as the Quad Cities-Davenport and Bettendorf in Iowa and Moline/East Moline and Rock Island in Illinois. We are approximately 160 miles west of Chicago and 180 miles east of Des Moines, Iowa.
This position provides full benefits, vacation and sick leave, and a flex-time work schedule. Army employees at the RIA enjoy other privileges such as use of the fitness center, golf driving range, outdoor recreation rentals, storage units, child and youth care center, Arsenal food Court, Arsenal Club/catering, employee assistance program, recycle program, RIA Museum, thrift shop, discounted tickets for some community events, National Historical Landmark, Memorial Park/Pavilion rentals.
This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Learn more about this agency
As a Lead Human Resource Specialist (Human Resource Development) you will be responsible for the following:
- Work with senior leadership to determine workforce development needs through detailed analysis of employment and demographic data, current and anticipated missions and programs, and changes in training methods and technology.
- Advise staff members regarding their role in planning and implementing Command-wide initiatives; and ensures all elements of the Command have a consistent understanding of the overall Command approach related to a particular initiative.
- Oversee workload of the team in accordance with established guidelines, assuring timely accomplishment of assignments
- Serves as Employee and Labor Relations liaison for the organization.
- Advises management concerning the most difficult and sensitive disciplinary and adverse actions as well as appropriate alternatives to formal disciplinary action.
- Ensure that the organization's strategic plan, mission, vision and values are communicated to the team and integrated into the team's strategies, goals, objectives, work plans and work products and services.
25% or less - Business travel up to 25%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…Status Candidates, Military Spouses and VEOA Eligibles
For more information and to apply for this position, click Apply Now!Apply Now